Monday, June 2, 2008

Technology Buzz

I just finished thumbing through the lastest issue of Successful Farming, and I was somewhat shocked at the number of articles this month about technology. Two different stories featured farmers talking about how technology has made an impact in their operations, (both of which are customers of HTS) as well as an article about the ISO standards, another quoting university of Purdue research about auto steer systems, etc. The list goes on and on.

It seems to me that technology is here to stay, and the ones running efficiently are utilizing technology everywhere they can. My job in this mix is to try and help people understand the technology they are investing in. There is nothing worse for me then talking to a customer that spent thousands of dollars on technology with someone else, only to find out it doesn't do what they thought it would, and they can't even upgrade it to something that will.

I'm not saying I have all the answers, or a crystal ball to see the future, but being focused on only precision ag it definitely helps me to keep people from making costly mistakes in technology purchases. Feel free to post comments to this post with questions you may have about technology. If I don't know the answer, I'll do my best to find someone that does!

No comments:

Post a Comment