Monday, August 10, 2009

Where do I start?

So many times, I have been asked the question - "Where do I start with this technology, Adam?" My response is nearly always the same - simply put, it doesn't matter where you start, but the time is NOW!

Precision Ag really is year round, with advances to planting, spraying, harvesting, and automated steering. The best thing to do is get started somewhere, and have a plan of where you want to go in the future.

Many of the systems on the market today can be used for multiple applications, so your investment can be compounded by using it all year, instead of on one piece of machinery.

For example, someone might want to put automated shutoffs on their planter, but maybe didn't realize that they could potentially use the same monitor in their combine as a yield monitor.

Someone else might want to use an autosteer for planting in the spring, and uses the same tractor for NH3 application in the fall. This "double use" of the technology has an incredible return on investment.

So to answer the question of where do I start, I first need to ask, Where do you want to go?

Contact me if you have any questions about how to get more out of your investment!

No comments:

Post a Comment